Monday 27 February 2012

A Fundraising Update

I am super excited that after a little over a month, my "Twelve in 2012" event with the Fundraise for Life Campaign on the Canadian Cancer Society website has received four generous donations from very special people: someone very important in Heather's life, my brother and sister-in-law, my auntie and uncle and one of my husband's generous co-workers. The total raised to date is $370!! Thank you so much for your contributions!

I am also thrilled that my soccer team has organized a steaknight fundraiser to support me! Nicki Tatchell has spearheaded the event and here's what she wrote on the Facebook event page:

Our friend Janaya Stevenson has motivated me as well as many others in her efforts to be a "mom on the run" and raise money and awareness for cancer and cancer research. If you follow her blog: Baby Steps: A mom on the run, you will see and understand her passion and motivation for this cause.

As I am not a runner I wanted to help in some way. I can do that by fundraising and I was hoping some of you would help out too. I know that we have all been affected by this awful disease in some way or another.

In Canada, cancer will develop in 45% of men and 39% of women during their lifetime. 1 in 4 Canadians will die of the disease (CMA). When you look at the odds it makes you more aware that we need to try and make a difference.

Come join in for great food and company!

Menu:
Steak
Chicken Fingers
Baked Potato with fixings
Caesar Salad
Garlic Toast
Pasta Salad
Sauted mushrooms and onions
** If there are any vegetarians just let me know and they will make a special veggie lasagna!**

Tickets are $20/each and you can get them by contacting me at
978-1548 or email: nickipar4@yahoo.ca

If anyone is interested in donating prizes for auction/draw that would be great and you can contact any of the administrators. If you are unable to attend but would still like to donate to the cause we are welcome to all donations.



It is set to take place at Mulberry's Bakery Cafe & Pub on Monday, March 26th @ 6:00 p.m. If you are interested in joining us and supporting the Canadian Cancer Society please let me know and we'll get some tickets to you. It is sure to be a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment