Monday 12 March 2012

A Couple Event Changes

I have changed a couple of the events that I'm planning on participating in.

The first week of January, I was lucky to have grabbed a spot for the Regina Police Service Half Marathon before it quickly sold out. However, since then I have become aware of another commitment I have in Saskatoon the night before. So, I am opting instead to run the Saskatoon Police Service Half Marathon that is set to take place the same day as the original RPS run. I am sure that it will be a great event and the only reason I had originally chosen to do the Regina run was because I wanted to do at least one of my runs this year in my hometown. Hence the next change.

So, I have also changed my September event to the Queen City Marathon. My cousins and my sister-in-law had shown an interest in completing an event with me. As they are all closer to Regina than they are to Saskatoon, I thought it would be nice to do the run in the Queen City. I haven't ran the QCM since 2008 and I'm very much looking forward to it!

Last week, I was featured in the Saskatoon Road Runners Association's weekly newsletter! I have been a member of the club for a couple years. I had contacted President Lorrie Dobni to ask for any suggestions she or the other members may have had for my remaining three Fall events. She surprised me when she asked if I would be willing to appear as the member profile for the week!

My first reaction was one of fear. Presumably, most of the members of the club are 'real' runners....what would they think of me and my shenanigans!?! But then I reminded myself why I'm doing this. Obviously, the more word spreads about my goal, the better. So, honoured by her willingness to support me, I wrote up a little epistle about myself, took a big breath and submitted it! Check it out if you have a sec. Now that I've calmed my nerves a bit, I'm pretty proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment