Friday 20 July 2012

Setting Goals for the Second Half of 2012

Last Sunday, while I was out for my long run, I used my "chatter-free" time to brainstorm some plans and set some goals for the second half of this year. Of course, some of these goals are related to this project.

I can't believe how fast this last month has gone and that I haven't made the time to update the blog since just after the Mogathon! It makes me realize that before I know it this year will be done....so I better get my buns in gear!

My boys and I have really enjoyed the few weeks of holidays since school has finished. I got to spend an hour each morning for the last two weeks sitting on the pool deck watching them during their swimming lessons. We've been to the farm & the cabin for a few nights. We've played on the trampoline, gone to the spraypark, participated in the book camp at the public library, had playdates and coffee times with our friends. We've done crafts and puzzles and watched movies and played games. We've sorted and organized the whole house from top to bottom (we are at the stage where we can start to give away our baby 'stuff' and it feels great!). And, of course, I've been running & playing soccer.


Enjoying the Geology building at the U of S



So it seems that after all this activity during the day,once I get Owen & Myles snuggled in at night, all I want to do is tuck away with my book! It's a good book, but I'm just about done it...that will free up my time for blogging. So, I am going to try to set the goal of make a post at least once a week for the second half of the year and we'll see how it goes. That, and I will get back to the real purpose of the blog, not just to talk about this year of running half marathons, but also the baby steps that have gotten me here.

Tonight, I am sitting in a beautiful hotel room in Edmonton! We had a change of plans yesterday and the boys have come with us for the getaway. We decided to make it fun and booked a room at a hotel with a waterside near the West Edmonton mall. So far, Owen & Myles are having a blast! And so are we.

We pulled into town right in time to pick up my race package for Sunday's event. It made me nervous...but,that was short lived because we then had to coordinate supper and hit the watersides!

The Moose is Loose will be my first trail run ever. The weather forecast is for rain. I'm not familiar with the trail. This makes me anxious. But, I'm looking forward to going tomorrow to find where the race starts and check out the path it will be on. I'm confident that I'll finish the race and I'm not aiming for any specific time. I'm looking forward to it.

Mostly, I'm going to focus on enjoying my time with my family. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day! And of course, another bonus is that I'll get to soothe my tired self in the hot tub after the race on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment