Friday 17 August 2012

Fancy Business Cards

Every June there is a running event in Prince Albert called the Summit Run. I have never had the opportunity to participate in this event, but have heard great things about it! When a friend of mine 'liked' the Summit Run Facebook page, I took a minute to check it out. I followed the link to their website to have a look at the race information. While on the site, I just happened to click on an entry to win a custom website or business cards....and I won!!

I'm not usually very lucky when it comes to draws and contests and stuff, but this was a great thing to win! It may not seem like I should have much use for 1000 custom business cards, but it's actually something that I was trying to organize without breaking the bank. Since I began this project in January, I have been asked so many times what the address of my blog is or how people can make a donation to my event with the Canadian Cancer Society and I have wished that I had a quick way to pass it along. Now I will!!

Thanks to Mark Poppen at Poppen Design - Web Design & Development, I now have some very snazzy Mom on the Run business cards!

Interacting exclusively via email, Mark was able to get a feel for what I was looking for. He used my favourite picture from the photo shoot in March and he was able to incorporate the important information and style from my blog. Mark was also able to create an easier URL for people to access the donation page with the Canadian Cancer Society (the actual address is quite a handful and hard to remember!). I am super happy with the end result!

The front of the cards


The back of the cards

One of the goals that I've set for the second half of this year, is to double the amount of money that I've raised to date to fund cancer research. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to make that happen, but now I can at least use these cards to spread the word!

Thanks Mark!

3 comments:

  1. Although it may be a simple sheet of stationery with your company logo and contact information, a professional letterhead design is the cornerstone of building your company’s brand identity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you use a simple sheet for this...like the logo you added..this is what i want to do with Metal business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Lightboxes Sydney & Banners Sydney

    ReplyDelete