Friday 29 June 2012

What's all the Fuss About?

I've said it before, running isn't for everyone. It seems like until you give it a try, you can't really understand all the hype....and sometimes even then, it just doesn't live up to expectations. But, then there are people (like me) who start running and find themselves wondering how they ever got by without it!  

When I asked Staci to sum up her experience with running, here's what she sent me:

From my perspective running is addictive! Once I could run 3k I thought I would try for 5k. Once I hit 10k without stopping to walk, I really felt like it was time to set the half marathon goal! Felt great to check it off the ole' bucket list! Running is a release of everything stressful or negative in my day! Running is the reason I eat a large popcorn at the movie theatre! Running is the reason I pulled out those skinny jeans in the back of my closet! Running is what makes every muscle in my body hurt...but the good kind of hurt that makes me want to do it again. Running is great conversation with great friends! 

THAT, is what all the fuss is about!



No comments:

Post a Comment