Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Beauty of Running

During the last couple months before the run in Vegas, most of us had at least a minor struggle with our training....my hip was being a bugger, MJ was having trouble with her ankle, Krista's foot was a mess, Sarah's knee was jiggered, Nicki was working lots and finding it hard to fit in her long runs, Ang felt like although she was covering the miles she was supposed to, they were not good quality runs, Shelley was fighting with her nerves.....Many times, as you near a running event that you have been training hard for, these setbacks happen. Your body is getting tired, the longer distance runs start to take their toll and it feels like the event will never get here....but then, gulp, it's suddenly coming up quickly and maybe you're not ready and how will you know you've done enough....

I tried to think of a way to encourage us all to take a step back from the training and remember the big picture. Running the half marathon would be monumental, but the personal changes we each experienced in the time leading up to it would be lasting.

So, I booked us in for a photoshoot with my friend Erica for after we would be back from the trip. I wanted the girls to know how thankful I was for their support. My hope was that they would each have the chance to feel as beautiful as I had when Erica had taken my pictures last winter. The act of running is not beautiful, but the transformation that occurs because of it, is.

We weren't able to coordinate it so that we could all be there, but it was a fun afternoon! As well as individual shots, we had a series of group pics taken. I'm so happy with them.



















Upon receiving the disks from Erica, what struck me most about the pictures is that each of these women is beautiful. More importantly, each of them is as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment