Thursday 18 October 2012

What Was That I Said About Being Flexible?

This weekend I am registered to run the Saskatchewan 50 km Ultra Marathon in Saskatoon. I am participating in the event as part of a three person relay team. My leg of the race is 18 km, so I'm going to just keep going the remaining 3km to fulfill the distance of the half marathon. This will be my tenth half marathon of 2012 and sixteenth half marathon ever!

There are a few things about this run that have me jangled:

  • The weather has been so unpredictable I'm not sure what to expect. 
  • I'm running the third leg of the race so my pre-run 'system' totally goes out the window! 
  • This is a small event and there are only two aid stations on each leg of the course. 
  • I am still injured and am not sure what my body is going to think about running the distance.
However, there are many things that have me looking forward to this run:

  • It will be my last half of the year on home turf. 
  • There are three teams of my fantastic friends registered for this event and I am very much looking forward to their achievements. 
  • I am also excited for the pancake breakfast that is being offered post run!! The girl guides are going to be whipping up the breakfast at the start/finish/relay exchange point at the Mendel as a fundraiser. 
The race directors are encouraging participants to have family & friends come out to support them along the course. So, if you're looking for something to do on Saturday, have a look at the route maps (Leg 1,    Leg 2,     Leg 3) and come cheer everyone on and enjoy the pancakes! I promise, there is nothing that can compare to the atmosphere of a running event!

No comments:

Post a Comment